Tuesday, February 21, 2012

tj by damien nikora

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
its funny how life works. i found myself hunting for something to blog about today. my most honest confession is that it worries me that i'll run out of new things, photos, experiences, or witty things to share and post about. just as this thought crossed my mind, an email came into my inbox.

this photo shoot is so incredibly special to me on so many levels and comes in the perfect moment, as i have not really made the time to discuss my sister Tejasa's trip here to Australia and what it meant to me. i feel she would share in these thoughts.

when she arrived in Australia i was not in the best of places, my mood and energy was like a roller coaster and it is hard, i have learnt, to balance your life, work and education around a schedule when you can barely predict if youll be able to pull yourself out of the bed the next morning.

when she first arrived we fell into a swindle of family time and festive season celebrations. she reminded me just how important our family is and how our home and the energy we create in our lives, the people we let in, and the people we keep affect every aspect of living. together we learnt to block out all the crap and really focus on what we wanted out of life. days were spent in sunshine, exercising and eating rabbit food and by the time she left we were attached at the hip.

I am so fortunate to be in the family i am, one full of the most talented and creative not to mention intelligent and hilarious bunch of people i have ever met. we are italian, spiritual, and damn opinionated. we ground each other, and give each other regular and honest reminders of just how lucky we are. they are my backbone.

damien nikora is a friend i speak of dearly and often. while he was here recently my sister jumped at the opportunity to shoot with him. the photos were shot here in our home, somewhere i have spent my whole life growing up and somewhere that is now sadly on the market for sale.

damien and i will be shooting later this year on my trip to new zealand as a gift for my 21st but these images are almost gift enough. thankyou for capturing our place in all its mysterious beauty. and seeing it exactly as we do.


my family home, my family, my adopted family.

i dont really know if its correct or right to speak like this on a fashion/photography blog.
but i have to remind myself that houseofavalon was created to do exactly as i please.
and its important i don't lose that.

so i am, as always. happy to share.

with love, M x

No comments:

Post a Comment